Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Welcome

Hello. It's about midnight. That'll be a recurring theme of these posts. I have trouble sleeping. You probably don't care why, and I wouldn't have an answer regardless. Too much caffeine? Post-modern Jewish anxiety? An abiding love for re-runs of Royal Pains*? Who knows? Whatever the reason, when I try to go to bed, two thoughts dominate my inner discourse: "I wonder what's happening on the internet right now?" and, "I should check out what's happening on the internet right now." I spend a lot of time reading the internet.

* fact, I have never watched Royal Pains. This was just a point I was making for effect. It seemed like a funny show to reference.

Above all else (the internet and the USA Network included), the way I mostly cope with my restlessness is through watching late night NBA games. It's the best sport in the world and my favroite to watch - more personality than the NFL and fewer TD Ameritrade commercials than MLB. We'll talk more about those sentiments later, but, for now, just know that I can watch a lot of basketball. I've seen four Kings games this year. Can anyone else, besides Keith Smart, really claim that?**

** Boogie Cousins can't. Dude is on another planet, amirite?

Anyways, I've found myself live-Tweeting a lot of these games with scattered observations. I'm not a coach, I'm not an analyst, and I quit JV basketball in the 10th grade: However, I've been soaking up the wee hours of the The Association since the bygone days when Lob City was located in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.*** In the digital age, I'm sure that makes me bloggable.

*** Terrell Brandon. Kevin Garnett. Get some. Also, I'm not a Wolves fan. I'm a Cavs fan. I just wanted to reference those weird late-90s Minny teams for effect. You'll start to notice a pattern with that, if you haven't already.

So, my thoughts begin now. Some nights, I'll just pick up a game midway through and let you know what I'm seeing. Often, since I like my NBA with a splash of local broadcasting, I'll analyze some of the choice head-scratchers that guys like Jim Barnett**** conjure up in their nightly commentary. Once in a while, I'll DVR whole games and sink a few weekend hours into a live-blog. Get excited. What am I saying? I'm sure you already are!

**** Jim Barnett is the Warriors TV analyst. I referenced him for effect. Killin' it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment